The year 1947 saw construction of a complete manufacturing plant at Galenika site, which positioned it as the fourth global manufacturer of penicillin. The first bottle of penicillin was manufactured on 31st July 1949, marking the beginning of Galenika’s dramatic development.
In 1950, the scientific-research institute becomes a part of Galenika. Teams of researchers primarily focus on development of generic drugs, implementing their great knowledge and skills in the process. This greatly contributes to the company’s development. Galenika’s drug products are characterized by a high level of safety, quality and efficiency in treatment. Galenika a.d. is conquering domestic market with astonishing speed, whereas construction of a new plant marks a turning point in its development
The year 1978 enabled us to take a decisive step outside the national boundaries.
In 1990, Milan Panić, a founder of ICN, an American pharmaceutical company, signs an agreement with Galenika, turning it into ICN Galenika, one of the first privatised companies in the SFR Yugoslavia.
The year 2010 saw opening of a new Solid Dosage Forms Plant, the construction of which cost over 50 million euro. The new plant has the annual capacity of 2 billion tablets and 100 million capsules, and the annual production worth around 100 million euro. The manufacturing process takes place in the area occupying 4,500 m2 and meeting all of the requirements of modern pharmaceutical production.
In 2017, Galenika becomes a part of NC Group, the largest pharmaceutical company in Latin America, which is well-known and recognized on a global scale.